We’re looking for sketch pros for our show.
Who are Next Level?
We’re a sketch comedy group, and we put on a monthly sketch comedy night at The Miller in London Bridge.
We love sketch comedy, we love writing it, and we believe there should be more opportunities for sketch in London. And what with 2019 being a horror show, we reckon everyone could use a good laugh.
We write and perform sketches, and all of us come from Hoopla’s sketch comedy courses.
What’s the sketch Comedy night?
It’s an evening of sketches written and performed by Next Level, plus a sketch comedy *special guest*. Here’s how it works:
- The first half of the show is to showcase new sketch comedy. It’ll be written and performed by Next Level, and will run for about 45 minutes.
- The second half of the show is a headline act/s from the world of sketch comedy. We have around 35-60 minutes. That’s where you come in.
Where and when is it?
The Next Level sketch night is the last Tuesday every month, in our lovely stage at Hoopla @ The Miller in London Bridge. It’s a great space with friendly audiences.
What we’re looking for
- We’re looking for established sketch comedy acts for the second half
- We have around 45 minutes (but can be flexible)
- Ideally we’re looking for one act, but it could be two or three shorter acts of 10-25 minutes each
- Your act can be any number of people as long as they all fit on stage. Most groups we’ve seen are around 2-4
- There’s lots of standup and character comedy opportunities in London already, so for now we’re just looking at sketch acts
What we can offer
- You’ll (probably) have an audience of around 60-70 people
- You’re welcome to try new material as well as tried-and-tested stuff
- It’s The Miller and we have working tech – light rig and sound. So modern.
- We’d like to pay you something. We’ll give 50% of everything we make to the second half acts. Obviously we don’t know exactly what that’ll be, but we think it’ll be between £100-140.
How to Apply
Get in touch with the form below – we’ll get back to you soon.